Where Argentina was born: San Miguel de Tucuman

Main street of Tucuman
Why my friends recommended me to stop in San Miguel de Tucuman? Definitely for the atmosphere. Tucuman is calm and vivid at the same time, a great place to relax a bit with the Andes Mountains in the background.






I arrived in the morning to San Miguel de Tucuman after a tiring 15 hours of bus journey from Buenos Aires. I was so tired, but meeting with the tourist information attendant right at the bus station was refreshing. He was so kind and explained me all the places. He even helped me to find the best trip for the next day.

After finding a cozy hostel I walked around in the city a bit. Tucuman is calm and cozy. I saw the Independence House. This is where the independence of the country was proclaimed in 1816.

Casa de Independencia (Independence House)
Then I was walking in the Centre to check out the most important buildings of the city.
Basilica de la Nuestra Senora de Merced

Catedral de San Miguel de Tucuman
Basilica de San Francisco
Municipality
I randomly choose the hostel where I was staying for 2 nights. Surprisingly I met here a lot of European folks who were also traveling around in South-America. This place is the best to share ideas, experiences and give advices what is worth visiting and what is not. Thanks to Florian, Simon and all the ladies and Spanish guys, we had a really good time at the backyard of the hostel that afternoon.

Chatting in the backyard of the Hostel in Tucuman and BBQ

Tip:

In Tucuman try the 'empanada' which they say is best here. (Of course every region says that their empanada is the best!) The classic one is filled with beef, but as I love cheese, those were my favourites. In a little town close to Tucuman, called Famaillá, every year they choose the Queen of the Empanada, who will hold this prestigious title for one year.

About Tiny Girl With Big Bag

Hobby writer and autodidact photographer whose passion is to travel and get to know new people and cultures. She has been on 4 continents and 30 countries, and the outcome is this travel blog where she shares travel stories, thoughts, tips and photography always through a subjective eye.

Follow her @ Twitter | Facebook | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment